What Makes a Dutch Venture in the US Successful? (podcast)
Our business partner Annette van der Feltz (Dutch American Connection) interviewed Floor Bergshoeff, Business Developer at TABS Inc., about what makes a Dutch venture in the US successful for the Dutch American Connection Podcast series.
What makes a Dutch venture in the US successful?
Listen to their conversation about Floor’s year-long research project on Dutch Ventures in the US (DVITUS). Floor describes what makes a Dutch venture in the US successful, how to pitch to your American partner or investor, how Dutch and American marketing strategies differ, and the secret to managing US employees – to name a few of the many tips and tricks shared in this podcast.
Most entrepreneurs are aware of the cultural differences between the US and the Netherlands – but don’t pay much attention to them until they do business in the US and things don’t go as planned. For example, your potential client or investor may stop paying attention 5 minutes into your presentation if you have not adapted your pitch to the US expectations, or your US hires leave the company a few months after starting. Just some small differences in communication that have a considerable impact.
70% 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘚 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨
In this PODCAST:
- How to pitch to American partners, customers, and investors.
- Where to start when considering expanding to the US.
- Turning cultural differences into opportunities.
- How marketing in the US is different from marketing in the Netherlands and how you can bridge this difference.
- What cultural differences are most subtle yet have the highest impact on doing business in the US.
- What to look out for when hiring American employees.
- How to build a US / Dutch team.
- Trends and other lessons learned from Dutch ventures in the US.
Read our DVITUS report here.