EACCNY Webinar: Will Return to Work take us Back or to the Future?
The European American Chamber of Commerce New York is hosting a webinar on Thursday, July 16, entitled: Will Return to Work take us Back or to the Future?
Details below are provided by the EACCNY:
What to expect and how to prepare for Return to Work? Businesses are beginning to re-open, but there is no one-size-fits-all strategy plan on how to do this. How do you implement various guidelines and how do they anticipate on what comes next when so much remains unknown? We are bringing together experts from Europe and the U.S. to offer an in-depth comparison of guidelines and best practices for labor and employment law on both sides of the Atlantic.
The EU perspective:
● Why bother at all? What are the risk factors employers need to consider, among them Liability, Reputational damage, Duty of Care, Productivity issues
● Before we get back: Deployment of Health Questionnaire, Temperature Measurements, Possible privacy & discrimination issues
● Office Internal Issues: Workplace Structure hours & office layout, equipment, sanitation around common use areas, Personal protection precautions for Employees
● External Issues: Business Trips & Meetings, Ensuring Protective Distance incl. Access by Third Parties to the site
● What happens if someone gets sick: Preventive Occupational Health Care, Action in the Event of Suspected Cases, Involvement of Employee Representatives including Trainings and Audits
The U.S. perspective:
As U.S. employers begin to re-open workplaces, there are a number of considerations under U.S. laws as well:
● Compensation and leave issues
● Updating policies and agreements
● Work from home issues
● In-office safety requirements
● Employees who refuse to work
● Protecting employee privacy and other diversity and inclusion considerations
● Compliance issues created by reductions in workforce
A look ahead:
● Will labor and employment law change based on the experience with COVID-19?
● How can we better prepare for the next pandemic/lock-down
● Aaron Warshaw, Shareholder, OGLETREE DEAKINS
● Gerlind Wisskirchen, Partner, CMS
10:00am EST | 4pm CET