Operating your U.S./Midwest Business in 2021
Date: Wednesday, January 27th
Location: Online webinar (free)
Time: 4pm CET (Amsterdam) / 10am EST (New York)
The Consulate General of the Netherlands in Chicago, International Management Solutions, Expandify and TABS have the pleasure to invite you to a FREE webinar and panel discussion about efficiently operating your Benelux business in the US/Midwest during these challenging times, especially when it comes to business travel.
- How the Consulate General of the Netherlands in Chicago can support your business.
- Business opportunities in the Midwest region.
- Mobility and Tax Implications of expanding to the U.S.
- Payroll and HR implications of becoming a U.S. employer in COVID-times.
- Challenges and opportunities of doing business in the U.S.
- Testimonials from two Benelux businesses that moved to the Midwest.
A 90-minute expert talk and panel discussion on Zoom, with time for Q&A.
- SOPHIE BOUTELEGIER – Chief Expansion Officer – EXPANDIFY Sophie is an expert in growth and international expansion. She works with entrepreneurs and business leaders to create powerful strategies and fast-lane implementation plans, helping them to achieve sustained, profitable revenue growth. Her core expertise lies in creating international expansion strategies, developing powerful go to market plans and helping European businesses thrive in the U.S. market.
- BART TWAALFHOVEN – CONSUL GENERAL OF THE NETHERLANDS IN CHICAGO Bart’s former jobs include Ambassador in Slovenia (2015-2019) and Switzerland (2011-2015). Before that, Bart served as Director of Protocol in the Netherlands, as Consul General in Dubai, as Deputy-Ambassador in Damascus (Syria) and in lower diplomatic ranks in Germany, Turkey and Spain.
- BEN TROCH – Client Manager Benelux – INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS Ben has a master’s degree of Taxation and master’s degree of Law in Belgium and more than five years of experience working with international clients. Prior to joining the IMS Chicago office, Ben worked as a Senior Tax Consultant at PwC Belgium. Now based in Belgium, Ben acts as the first contact for Benelux companies and provides various tax & consultancy services.
- RYAN PAVEY – President USA – BAKKERELKHUIZEN/OFFICE ATHLETES Ryan has spent a 20-year career helping Safety, Facilities, Ergonomics, and Wellness professionals reach their goals, implementing effective office wellness and ergonomics programs for their employees. Working with national and global organizations, he has helped reduce discomfort and injury along with the associated insurance costs. With his help companies have reduced absenteeism and presenteeism and measurably increased productivity in the office environment. In 2018 he moved to Chicago to set-up the U.S. subsidiary of BakkerElkhuizen, a leading innovator in remote working and office ergonomic solutions.
- JEROEN MORRENHOF – CEO & Co-Founder – FRISS Jeroen moved to Chicago the summer of 2018 to grow is business. FRISS was successful in Europe at the time but did not have single customer in the U.S. yet. He will share why he decided to move to Chicago, what worked and especially what didn’t.
- JACOB WILLEMSEN – Founder & President – TABS INC Jacob has a MS degree in International Economics from the University of Amsterdam. After working for the Consulate General of the Netherlands in New York until 2001, Jacob started his own consulting company in New York that evolved into TABS in 2010. As founder of TABS, Jacob has since then assisted more than 350 European companies with financial and administrative matters for their transatlantic start-up in the U.S.
This live webinar will be recorded and made available to webinar participants.
You are very welcome at this online event. Please register using this link.
Stay informed of our latest news and events? Sign up for TABS Talk, our 2-monthly business update.