Impact of IRA on U.S. Market Expansion of European Companies
When: Tuesday, April 25th at 5.30 – 8.00 pm EST
Where: Flanders House, NYC
Organized by: European American Chamber of Commerce New York
The CHIPS Act and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) are going to stimulate investment and may attract capital into the USA. Every company that is remotely connected to either the semi-conductor or green energy sectors has been looking for ways to take advantage of the billions of dollars of incentives and subsidies that have been made available. This is a good time for European companies to reconsider entering the US Market either directly or via a partnership with a US company.
Our panel will share insights about opportunities and challenges in US market expansion of European companies in the era of IRA and the CHIPS Act.
AGENDA will include topics like:
Opportunities for European companies in different sectors and regions:
- Market implications
– existing loan authority by US Government entities and what the future may hold
– Replacing US energy infrastructure will create new business opportunities for European companies.
- Sectoral implications
– IRA incentives for private investment for corporations: What you need to know about these funds and how to catalyze private investment in clean energy, transport, smart cities and manufacturing.
- Political implications
– The US and Europe common agenda to strengthen the resilience of supply chains & reform the WTO.
Things to consider before entering the US market:
- Reporting risks and income tax liabilities for US subsidies: Understanding the basic framework of check-the-box regulations
- Pitfalls & challenges with domestic vs. foreign entity tax classifications; tax liabilities
- Acquiring a U.S. entity – what you need to know about its global tax structure
- Forming a EU / US partnerships: What do you need to know.
- Other tips on what US corporate owners of foreign subsidiaries can do to prepare
- Jill Boland, Principal, CLIFTON LARSON ALLEN
- Mark Hillhouse, Head of Sustainable Finance – Commercial Banking, HSBC
- Ian Hunter, Director US, OCO GLOBAL
- Jacob Willemsen, Founder & President, TABS Inc.
- Yvonne Bendinger-Rothschild, Executive Director, EACCNY [Moderator]
5:30 – 6:00 PM Check-in | 6:00 – 7:30 PM Program | 7:30 – 8:00 PM Networking
THIS IS A FREE SEMINAR FOR both EACC Members and non-Members.