Payroll Administrator / Bookkeeper Job Posting
TABS Inc., a rapidly growing boutique back office firm in international trade, is seeking a creative and dynamic Payroll Administrator/Bookkeeper to join its Houston team!
A Payroll Administrator/Bookkeeper for TABS Inc. will split their time between supporting the Bookkeeping team and their regular Payroll responsibilities. This position entails supporting the Bookkeeping department with various tasks and maintaining Payroll for TABS ‘ clients, while working independently in a rapidly growing company.
- Oversee, input, prepare, develop, and analyze payroll in Payroll software.
- Point of contact for TABS’ payroll clients.
- Manages and executes payroll processing for TABS’ clients.
- Regular bookkeeping maintenance in QuickBooks Online.
- Perform basic office tasks such as filing, and data entry.
- Assist Bookkeeping staff in handling changes to accounting books and balancing accounts.
- Record and match customer invoices and payments.
- Record and match vendor/supplier bills and payments.
- Prepare periodic financial statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, Accounts Receivable/ Payable Aging Details, Active Liability Details).
- Assist with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Business or other related field and relevant accounting/bookkeeping/Payroll experience; OR
- High School Degree and 4 years of relevant accounting/bookkeeping/Payroll experience, preferably with a CPA firm.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online.
- Strong ability in answering complex payroll questions.
- Proficiency with ADP RUN software; and Knowledge in JustWorks software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Can work independently on projects and meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Strong time management skills/adherence to deadlines.
- QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor.
- Bilingual Spanish, Dutch, or more is helpful.
This is a full-time position. TABS will offer a competitive salary as well as a full benefit package. Eligible applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
TABS Inc. is an EEO employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information and other protected status as required by law. We strive to always maintain a diverse mix of talent and hire based on merit.